FTX : field training exercise
Two-day, hands-on, real-world training on Extreme Ownership Leadership Principles. Participants experience challenging and chaotic situations to bring to life the power of effectively applying the 4 Laws of Combat.
ANN ARBOR, MI
MAY 7-9, 2023
ANN ARBOR, MI
MAY 10-12 , 2023
The Echelon Front Field Training Exercise Program is a leadership training protocol that teaches, reviews, tests, and ingrains the leadership principles of Extreme Ownership utilizing experiential learning, dynamic feedback, and a carefully formulated methodology. Attendees are first taught leadership principles, then the basic strategies, tactics, and techniques suitable for the training environment. Once prepared, participants are formed into teams, assigned leadership positions, and tasked with a mission. Attendees plan and execute the mission, where they will face leadership challenges that they must overcome by utilizing the fundamental principles of leadership, including the four Laws of Combat, Extreme Ownership, and the Dichotomies of Leadership.
Detailed debriefs after each training mission will help participants make direct connections from the leadership lessons, they are learning to actual leadership challenges they are working through in their professional and personal lives. After the debrief, instructors select new leaders for the team and assign another mission. All participants will both lead and follow while rotating through various positions of the team. FTX is not a gunfighting or tactical warfighting course. It is a leadership course. The leadership principles imbued in the attendees apply to any leader in any situation, in business, and in life.
Mission Planning Overview
- Learn the importance of planning
- Standard Operating Procedures – why we have them and how to implement mission planning techniques, checklists, and contingency plans
Tactics and Walkthroughs
- Weapon familiarization
- Basic gunfighting tactics
- Mission rehearsals
- Rapidly execute 20-30 minute, time-sensitive target missions
- Each participant will operate in both leadership and individual roles
- Debriefs after each mission link lessons learned to current business challenges your company is battling
Attendees will gain a deeper understanding of the fundamental leadership principles of Extreme Ownership, and how to implement them in real-time. The lessons are pragmatic, applicable, and geared toward every level of leadership from the C-suite to the front lines.
Attendees will walk away with increased capabilities to:
- Increased speed of decisions and actions.
- Increased ownership of problems and solutions.
- Build and maintain strong relationships
- Work cross-functionally to accomplish the mission
- Communicate effectively up, down, and across the chain of command
- Simplify plans and increase efficiencies
- Prioritize daily tasks as well as long-term strategic initiatives
- Empower others to solve problems and LEAD
- Subordinate their ego in support of the broader mission
- Adapt to changing environments
- Make decisions amidst uncertainty and chaos
- Take ownership and solve problems, in business and in life
Pricing includes all necessary equipment, transport to/from the hotel to the FTX site, lunch on both days, and dinner on day one. Airfare, lodging, and ground transportation to the hotel not included.
WHAT PEOPLE SAY
“This 2–Day FTX investment will undoubtedly generate a higher and more immediate corporate ROI in young managers than sending them to a 2–year MBA program”
“FTX was the best leadership training I have ever received; it was a high-stress, real-world environment, that forced me to use the 4 laws of combat to succeed. The EF Team was able to illustrate in real time the importance of leadership and how the execution of the 4 laws of combat is imperative to success in business, but more importantly success in day-to-day life.”
“No testimonial will ever come close to explaining the impact this FTX had on my team of subordinate leaders and myself. This was a career/life-changing experience.”
“FTX was a special opportunity to learn hard lessons about the demands and burden of leadership. It was a humbling experience that improved my abilities as a leader like nothing else I have ever experienced.”
“In my 20 plus years I have been through many leadership classes- Bell Leadership, Ken Blanchard Situational leadership, and Pacific Institute just to name a few. That being said, I have never been through a training that was as impactful and life changing as our last leadership summit with Echelon Front. The take a ways from the EF FTX training and leadership summit were great. During the FTX training I realized how imperative clear, simple communication can be and it can make or break a team. I decided at that moment I would make sure our teams started simple and clear communication.”